London Corporate Cabs

London Corporate Cabs
A Taxi For All Occasions

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Q&A - Co Founder, Tony

Jul 12, 2015
Hello, My name is Tony, I am the Co Founder of London Corporate Cabs. I have been a London Taxi driver for nearly 8 years, still learning something new everyday in this amazing City.

1. Why did you become a London Taxi driver ?

I always wanted to be a cabbie ever since I was a kid sitting on the flip seats in my Dads Taxi, he used to take me & my brother out showing us all the sites. Watching all the Taxis whizz about I just knew that's what I wanted to do.

2. What did you do before you became a Taxi driver ?

I was a Money Broker in the City for 10 years. A great job & good fun but being stuck in an office all day wasn't. I'm an outside person.

3. What do you love most about London ?

I love the architecture of old & new. Some of the buildings are works of art but most of all I love the people. The people of London are what makes it so great.

4. What do you most dislike about London ?

Got to be the traffic, but thank god for Bus lanes & a cab that can spin on a sixpence

5. Are you a day man or night man reason why ?

Bit of both really. I love the way London changes between day & night. Daytime people rushing about working or chilling in parks. Nighttime it comes alive & turns into a party town

6. What is your favourite place or view ?

I've got 3, Alexandra Palace in the north & Greenwich Observatory in the south but best of all has to be Waterloo Bridge... especially at night. Nothing beats it.

7. Have you got an interesting fact about London that others may not know ?

On the side of Vauxhall Bridge is a miniature sculpture of St Paul's Cathedral sitting on the palm of a ladies hand


8. Who's the most famous passenger you've had in your Taxi ?

Probably Daniel Craig or Michael
Caine

9. Have you got an interesting story about a passenger or job you've done ?

A Taxi is a bit like a confession box at times with people telling you their life stories so I'm not going repeat any of it. There must be approximately 24k cabs & just over 8 mil people in London & I picked up the same passenger twice in a week. Freaked me out a little bit but freaked her out even more when I said her destination before she did. We had a giggle about it.

10. What tips would you give to a tourist ?

Go East ! The City & East End are steeped in History. Try some traditional Pie & Mash & obviously always use a London Taxi

No comments:

Post a Comment